Terms & Conditions
Guardian Group Trust Limited (GGTL) is required under the law to conduct “due diligence” on all its client’s. For each client this includes verification of identity, verification of residence, verification of source of funds for transactions exceeding $90,000 Trinidad and Tobago currency, obtaining confirmation from the client if they are a Politically Exposed Person (PEP - see definition below) and whether the client is considered a United States of America Person for the purposes of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FACTA) enacted by the United States of America.
Client’s are required to provide the following:
- Current original identification documents issued by a Government Authority, such as a National Identification Card, a Passport and/or a Drivers Permit.
- An original recent utility bill or recent statement from a financial institution (not more than 3 months old) in the name of the client or such other document which GGTL deems acceptable in circumstances where a utility bill or statement from a financial institution is not available.
- Documentary evidence of source of income/wealth e.g. Letter of employment, payslip or other evidence of earnings and wealth.
Politically Exposed Person (PEP)
A Politically Exposed Person is a person who has been entrusted with important public functions in a country such as:
- A current or former senior official in the executive, legislative, administrative or judicial branch of government whether elected or not;
- A senior official of a major political party;
- A senior executive of a foreign government owned commercial enterprise;
- A senior military official;
- An immediate family member of a person mentioned in (a) to (d) above meaning the spouse, parents, siblings or children of that person and the parents, siblings and additional children of the person’s spouse; and
- Any individual publicly known to the relevant financial institution to be a close personal or professional associate of the person mentioned in paragraph (a) to (d) above.
Client Acknowledgement And Consent
I acknowledge that:
- I am over 18 years of age.
- To the best of my knowledge and belief the information provided on this Application is true and correct.
- I will notify Guardian Group Trust Limited (GGTL) of any changes in the information provided in this application or any documents submitted herewith and provide GGTL with such further information or documents as may be reasonably requested in connection therewith
- No warranty is given by Guardian Group Trust Limited as to the value, performance or profitability of the account for which this application is made or any assets comprised therein
- GGTL provides electronic trade confirmation, account statements, and other client records and communications (collectively “Records and Communications”) in electronic form. Electronic Records and Communications may be sent to the Client’s email address or may be placed on the company’s secure web portal with a notification sent to the client to login and retrieve the communication. By completing and signing this application the Client consents to the receipt of electronic Records and Communications and such consent will apply on an ongoing basis unless withdrawn by the Client. The Client may withdraw such consent at any time by providing electronic notice to GGTL via the GGTL web portal or the company’s client service email address.
- Information requested by this form is required for the purpose of Guardian Group Trust Limited (GGTL) complying with its legal and regulatory requirements. In the event that full and adequate information is not provided, GGTL hereby expressly reserves the right at its sole discretion to close the account upon giving at least fourteen (14) days prior notice in writing.
GGTL is hereby authorised to disclose to third parties any information about the client and the accounts held by the client and shall not be liable whatsoever in relation to any information disclosed in any or all of the following circumstances:
- Information provided to the subsidiaries and affiliates of organisations within the Guardian Group including overseas operations.
- To provide your personal and non-personal information to credit agencies or credit bureaus as a credit information provider or in response to credit inquiries by other financial institutions or credit agencies or credit bureaus AND to request your personal and non-personal information from credit agencies or credit bureaus, financial institutions or any creditor in respect of your credit worthiness.
- If GGTL shall deem it necessary to provide such information to protect the interest of the company from any harm, loss or injury.
- To comply with any requirement for disclosure imposed by regulatory and law enforcement authorities if required to do so by any Act, Rules or Regulations under the laws of Trinidad and Tobago or other applicable laws applicable to the business activities and operations of the company, or pursuant to the directives of the court having jurisdiction in relation to the business activities and operations of GGTL, or to such duly empowered government agency or department or in circumstances where applicable laws of a foreign jurisdiction applies to the business activities and operations of GGTL, including but not limited to compliance with financial regulatory requirements and tax compliance laws.
- In any other circumstances in which the account holder shall give written authorisation to make such disclosure.
- To government authorities in other countries where you hold residency or citizen status or you are subject to the applicable taxation laws in other countries in respect of accounts held with GGTL, in compliance with laws in respect to foreign account reporting requirements or any agreement entered into by GGTL with such government agency.
I have reviewed, understood and agreed to be bound by the various terms and conditions of the account opening agreement and acknowledge that same may be amended by GGTL in its sole discretion at any time and from time to time, as permitted under those terms and conditions.
I authorise GGTL to obtain independent verification of this information, if necessary.